Everyone is welcome at a School Council meeting!
Elections for the 2019-20 school year were held at the Annual General Meeting in September. Thank you so much to our executive from last year for their hard work and welcome to our new group.
Everyone is invited to come to these meetings to participate in discussion and debate. School Council gives parents an opportunity to provide input into school decisions. We need you to enable us to do a good job so please come out and join us! Keep up to date by visiting the School Council FaceBook page.
- Chairperson, Morgan Dozeman
- Vice Chair, Kayla Ring
- Secretary, Shanda McTighe
- Treasurer, Robyn Todd
- Administrative Representative, Roger Doucet
- Trustee, Brad Toone
- Alberta School Council's Association ASCA's role is to promote and support strong school communities with effective school councils as a means to facilitate collaborations among education partners, including parents, to enhance student learning.
- Alberta Education - School Council's School councils were established in 1995, to increase parent and community involvement in the education of children in Alberta. Public schools, including charter schools, are required to attempt to establish school councils.
- Alberta Education - Parents Alberta Education site with items of interest to parents including; Role of Parents, School Choices, Our Education System, Resources for Parents, Early Childhood Services and Additional Programs and Services
- My Childs Learning This Alberta Education site is "Your Doorway into your child's world of learning." Alberta is committed to creating an inclusive education system that inspires and enables all students to achieve success and fulfillment as engaged thinkers and ethical citizens, with an entrepreneurial spirit. We recognize that parents play an important role in shaping the way their children view learning. As a parent, you understand more than anyone else how your child learns and processes information. This resource will provide you with a better understanding of Alberta’s curriculum and how you can help your child. Here, you’ll discover what your child is learning, how they’re assessed and what resources are available to help them be successful from Kindergarten to Grade 12.